Our top-quality piano felts include balance pin punchings in a few varieties. It is important to have a firm support for the key pivot point at the balance rail. A thick or spongy felt punching will compress under a strong blow, robbing energy from the system which reduces the tonal output of the piano. When choosing a regular type of felt punching, make sure it is very thin, such as our thin red punchings cut from bushing cloth.
Better yet, use our firm Crescendo™ Felt balance punchings. The regular thickness is 1.4mm /.056″, a thick version of 2.2mm/.090 is also available. The Accelerated version with one side cut off can reduce downweight by up to a several grams.
- A. #270090 Balance Rail Punchings, Bushing cloth, 1 mm, set
- B. #271000 Balance Rail Punchings, Bushing cloth, 1 mm, 1000
- C. #271590 Crescendo™ Balance Rail Punchings, 1.4 mm, set
- D. #271690 Accelerated Crescendo™ Balance Rail Punchings, 1.4 mm, set
- E. #271790 Crescendo™ Balance Rail Punchings, thick, 2.2 mm, set