Our top-quality piano felts include balance pin punchings in a few varieties. It is important to have a firm support for the key pivot point at the balance rail. A thick or spongy felt punching will compress under a strong blow, robbing energy from the system which reduces the tonal output of the piano. When choosing a regular type of felt punching, make sure it is very thin, such as our thin red punchings cut from bushing cloth.
Better yet, use our firm Crescendo Felt balance punchings. The regular thickness is 1.4mm /.056″, a thick version of 2.2mm/.090 is also available. The Accelerated version with one side cut off can reduce downweight by up to a several grams.
- A. #270090 Balance Rail Punchings, Bushing cloth, 1 mm, set
- B. #271000 Balance Rail Punchings, Bushing cloth, 1 mm, 1000
- C. #271590 Crescendo Balance Rail Punchings, 1.4 mm, set
- D. #271690 Accelerated Crescendo Balance Rail Punchings, 1.4 mm, set
- E. #271790 Crescendo Balance Rail Punchings, thick, 2.2 mm, set