Piano key leads. German key leads, precision extruded leads. Soft and easy to swage. Snug fit into holes bored by Forstner bits (see item #142010) Sold in 1 kg = 2.2 lb bag.
- A. #883010 Key Leads, 10 mm, 1 kg ~ 103 pcs
- B. #883012 Key Leads, 12 mm, 1 kg ~ 71 pcs
- C. #883015 Key Leads, 15 mm, 1 kg ~ 51 pcs
Several features make these the go-to material for technicians doing precision Touch Weight and Inertia Adjustment and regulation, to get that “Touch to Die For”.
- The material is a very pure lead – considerably softer and hence easier to swage than other lead slugs.
- Our leads are perfectly cylindrical – not the tapered slugs that domestic sources carry. Tapered leads will only contact the edges of the hole at their thick end (unless someone can bore a conical hole to match their shape). Our leads will never rattle around in their hole and are less likely to loosen and dislodge.
- Our leads are extruded, not cast, which means they have no voids and are are very uniform in size. They are a consistent very snug (thumb pressure) suction fit into holes bored by Forstner bits
- The best thing: our leads are extremely consistent in weight. The variance is 0.1g at most from one piece to another. Conventional leads have variances exceeding one gram!